Skip to main content
Topic: Version 2.75 & MP3 files (Read 2301 times) previous topic - next topic

Version 2.75 & MP3 files

With version 2.01 I used to export to MIDI & then use the free conversion tool from PolySoft to get the MP3 files to then play on a tablet etc.
This no longer works with 2.75. Tried both "type 1" & "type 0" export MIDI output options, but the converter refuses to perform the conversion.
Is there any reason, or a workaround?

Re: Version 2.75 & MP3 files

Reply #1
That sounds virtually impossible ... could you attach such a MIDI file here, and maybe also the corresponding NWC file?

H.M.

Reply #2
I just downloaded the program Polysoft and apart from a "little" argument with Norton, the program installed OK.

I then loaded up an nwc file and exported via both type 0 and type 1.

Both types converted OK, no problems.

Are you sure that perhaps you are not having difficulties with something such as Norton?
Rich.

Reply #3
There's an excellent online converter at https://solmire.com/. Try that with one of the files that your converter refused to use. If it works at Solmire, then the problem is likely in the converter; if it doesn't, the problem is likely in the file.

Reply #4
Well thanks for the responses!
Tried again, given that it was impossible scenario.
At the first try it failed to convert, so tried a different directory. (users\richard), & it worked.
Moved back onto the google drive directory and that then worked too!

So, assume the fault was either fingers, or some initial access control of the converter with the google drive.
(Just moved over from Dropbox.)

Thanks again, Rich