Skip to main content
Topic: printing error (Read 3455 times) previous topic - next topic

printing error

For the past week or so I've noticed something VERY strange happening. Although everything looks just fine in 'print preview' - when I print out my composition, some of the notes print out incorrectly. For example, a low 'g' becomes a low 'b' or a 3-note chord gets raised a full note. Why is this happening and what can I do about it???

Re: printing error

Reply #1
rbw1154:
This is VERY strange, and the first time that I've heard of such an error in NWC.
For forum members to try to help you. please supply more information:
1. If at all possible, post the music (at least the sections in which the errors occur),  to the forum.
2. Which version of NWC do you use?
3. Do the errors occur at the same place, i.e. are the errors repeatable?
4. Which printer do you use, how old is it and has the printer done very hard work ?
5. Are the printer drivers up to date?
6. Have you tried un- and re-plugging all the printer cables?
7. Do you get any printing errors on any other work?

Best of luck in trying to cure this problem.

8. Have you recently installed new software?
9. Which operating system do you use, eg, XP, Vista, 7, 8 .... ?
10. ............ (Other forum members probably can think of many more questions to ask)

Reply #2
The G to B error sounds almost as if you've done something with the clef but I agree with Haymo, we need to see the file in order to help you.  

Reply #3
For people who have not yet attached a file to a post on this forum:

If you are registered here:
When you start typing in this frame,
Additional Options... is displayed to the bottom left. If you click on it,
further options are displayed, including Attach: and to the right of it Browse
clicking on Browse allows you to browse on your PC / Laptop to the file which you want to attach, click on the name of that file on your PC, and it will be attached to your posting on this forum.
Provided it abides by the conditions stipulated directly below the word Browse.

To add another file (or files), click on (more attachments), up to the limits allowed.