Skip to main content
Topic: De-English-ized Coda notation (Read 4220 times) previous topic - next topic

De-English-ized Coda notation

The flow control signs for coda have fixed text on them, the one starting the coda says "Coda" (which is still language neutral for latin-character using languages), the one going to the Coda says "To Coda" - not nice in a German score. There, instead, a simple coda sign is used at both places, and it is implicitly understood which one is the "go to point" and which one the "landing point" (see attachment for an example).

For some reason, it took me a year to find the obvious way to repair that: Make the flow controls invisible, and add a coda sign from the "Staff symbols" font at both places.

Maybe this tip helps someone who has the same problem.

H.M.

P.S. I wanted to paste the two pieces of NWC code here - but this seems not possible: The coda character is at the font position of the ligature "fi", and it seems it is impossible to paste a "|Text|..." segment with such a character here - or is it?

// Edit: Added typical gap before coda in attachments.

Re: De-English-ized Coda notation

Reply #1
The coda character is at the font position of the ligature "fi", and it seems it is impossible to paste a "|Text|..." segment with such a character here - or is it?
The coda glyph is in NWC2STDA.ttf, a symbol font. IMO, it is not useful to compare symbol font mappings with non-symbol fonts.
This works for me:
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.75,Single)
|Text|Text:"  "|Font:StaffSymbols|Pos:7|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
however, if you start passing clips among text editors, browsers, and various versions of NoteWorthy, things can get squashed.
Registered user since 1996