Skip to main content
Topic: Measure numbers in Noteworthy Player (Read 2475 times) previous topic - next topic

Measure numbers in Noteworthy Player

Is there any way to make the measure numbers in Noteworthy show up in the free Noteworthy Player?  It would be helpful when you are trying to communicate info about certain measures to not have to count them out.  You could scroll right to the measure(s) in question.

Re: Measure numbers in Noteworthy Player

Reply #1
Is there any way to make the measure numbers in Noteworthy show up in the free Noteworthy Player?  It would be helpful when you are trying to communicate info about certain measures to not have to count them out.  You could scroll right to the measure(s) in question.
This isn't perfect, but in the lower right corner, the current bar number is displayed. When you scroll through the score, the bar number does update, and will indicate the leftmost visible bar.

Mike

Reply #2
Measure numbers are also visible in 'print preview'
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #3
I assume you are referring to NoteWorthy Viewer.
NoteWorthy had a product it called NoteWorthy Player, but it has not been updated in more than a decade.
My impression of the Viewer is that it is time oriented rather than measure oriented. It allows you to goto a certain time and begin playback. NoteWorthy Composer lacks this. In Composer, you can go to a measure and begin playback, but if the measure is played more than once, you have little to no control of where playback occurs in the flow of the song.

I see the pair of programs as different views into the same data. My advice to you when communicating info about a song in the Viewer: do it in terms of time rather than measure.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Thank you all for this information....yes the m. numbers are in the print view but only at the beginning of the line.  I never noticed them down in the right corner since I'm usually only working in Noteworthy itself...that'll work just fine!  :) Thanks.