Skip to main content
Topic: midi trouble with windows 10 (Read 2450 times) previous topic - next topic

midi trouble with windows 10

New forum user here, been with NWC since '98. If this has already been discussed and figured out, please let me know. I recently upgraded to windows 10, and after a few weeks of the computer freezing up requiring a hard shutdown and reboot, all the midi ability  stopped. The computer runs more smoothly now, but I can't play midi, record, or in any other way use midi. When I click 'play', a warning window pops up saying "One or more of your selected midi devices are failing to open. Would you like to go to the midi options tab to investigate?" I click Yes. The midi tab shows Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth in the field for "Devices used by play back", where it is supposed to be. I click OK. I click Play again, and an alert pops up at the bottom of the screen saying "Alert #1: Upgrade Check Failed: Could not connect to noteworthycomposer.com"
I dabbled in the Microsoft Knowledge Base regarding this, and couldn't get any answers except to try using CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth. I downloaded it and I get the same result. It is also listed in the field for "Devices used by play back".
The same midi problem happened when I upgraded another machine to windows 10, except much more promptly, not several weeks later.
Does anyone have a solution? Many thanks!

Re: midi trouble with windows 10

Reply #2
Ha! Haha! That worked! I saw something about that earlier, and I thought I tried it without success. But it worked this time. Thank you.