Skip to main content
Topic: (Minor) Upgrade to 2.75 deleted links to NWC (Read 2119 times) previous topic - next topic

(Minor) Upgrade to 2.75 deleted links to NWC

After running the upgrade exe, I found that on my Win7 laptop, the two links to NWC on the desktop and in the program folder structure had vanished. I could easily repair this ("copy as link" to both places as admin), but others may see this as more of a problem ...

Regards
Harald M.

Re: (Minor) Upgrade to 2.75 deleted links to NWC

Reply #1
The update programs neither add nor remove any shortcuts. What was the name of the upgrade program, and where did you get it?

Reply #2
Yes, I feared that some "other magic" was going on ...
The program I used is nwcupd_from_v2.51.0.exe, downloaded from the page that I arrived at from NWC's Help-->Access ... menu item.

If you say the upgrade program does not change anything, most probably something is strange with my laptop (it is a company laptop with many company settings ...).

Regards
Harald M.

Reply #3
Thanks. This updater should not cause that issue. However, it does replace the nwc2.exe program file during the upgrade. Perhaps some other system mechanism decided that the shortcuts to the old file should be removed, but I have not experienced this.