Skip to main content
Topic: Chant clefs? (Read 1658 times) previous topic - next topic

Chant clefs?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum....  I love using Noteworthy for gregorian chant notation (since the ability to make the flags 0 length), but the only thing missing is the clef....would noteworthy consider adding a DO and FA clef symbol?
You could keep it the same as a treble clef, I'm just looking to add that symbol at the beginning of the staff.  Thanks for the great work on this software!   Chuck

Re: Chant clefs?

Reply #1
NWC 2.75 is likely to add flexibility to the appearance of the staff signature.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Chant clefs?

Reply #2
I would echo @Rick G.'s comment about version 2.75. Specifically, it allow custom "staff signature" items to be created, which can be automatically inserted in a staff for each system.

While I'm not very familiar with chant notation, I did a little searching around, and found a font called Caeciliae which appears to have the necessary characters for the do and fa clefs. Here's a document that describes the font: http://marello.org/files/Caeciliae%20Tutorial.pdf

I am curious what you use for the notes shapes for your Gregorian chant scores. The above font also has the various note shapes, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to make it work with NWC for the actual notation.

Mike