Skip to main content
Topic: Messiah Project or ????? (Read 3799 times) previous topic - next topic

Messiah Project or ?????

Our local community auditorium has been refurbished, and for it's grand opening celebration, we are performing -- the Messiah! (March is a strange time of year for it, but the Community Director is retiring. This will be his last Messiah performance, he has been doing it every couple of years since 1962!)

Through the NWC Scriptorium, I had found the Messiah Project just before Christmas, and I downloaded the files posted there. But the site seems to have disappeared from the web... was it not an ongoing project?

Anyhow, I could really use NWC or MIDI files to practice with. I have a commercial recording, which is helpful, but MIDI is so much better for me since I can isolate my part, slow it down, etc.

Does anyone know where I can get NWC or MIDI files for some or all of the Messiah? We start practicing March 1 and I'd like to be as prepared as possible! Thanks as always,

Sue

Re: Messiah Project or ?????

Reply #1
I see I misspoke... What I meant to say is, I'd prefer NWC files above MIDI, and MIDI files above my commercial CD recording for my practice...

I just found the complete score in MIDI at Classical MIDI Archives, I had forgotten about them. So I modify my original query: Does anyone know where I can get NWC file versions? Thanks!

Sue

Reply #2
Hi Sue,

Just checked the link from the Scriptorium, it's working now so maybe there was just a temporary glitch. The "work in progress" TMP URL is:

http://www.guysfield.demon.co.uk/messiah/

Regards,
Fred

Reply #3
Yes,
I have some parts of the Messiah as .nwc files:

including: Halleluia, Worthy is the Lamb (w/Amen), All We Like Sheep, etc.

Sorry, the lyrics are not included, even though the voice parts are unchanged. The accompaniments are somewhat my own, however; but you may enjoy them.

How can I get them to you?

j o s e p h

Reply #4
Hi Joseph!

Thank you for offering to share your Messiah files with me. Do you have access to the NWC newsgroup? If so, you could compress/zip them up and post them there. Perhaps others would enjoy them, too.

If not, use my e-mail addy and send me a zip file (or send individual NWC compressed files), as my e-mail system accepts attachments. (I assume yours can send them?)

Thanx!

Sue

Reply #5
Hi Joseph,

I highly recommend that you get in touch with the fine people at The Messiah Project, I'm sure that they would welcome your participation. To make the final result more-or-less consistent, there are some guidelines (volume settings, patches, etc.) for contributors. Just click on the URL in the previous message, this will take you to the "in progress" TMP site.

Fred

Reply #6
Fred Writes: "I highly recommend that you get in touch with the fine people at The Messiah Project, I'm sure that they would welcome your participation."

Matt and Company, are you reading this? I have e-mailed you twice (once just before Christmas, once right after I saw your site was updated 2/6), and have never received a reply. Did you not receive my e-mails? I sent them to this address: matt@guysfield.demon.co.uk

I have not otherwise had trouble with AOL, so I have wondered why I've not heard from you. Please respond. Thanks.

Sue