Skip to main content
Topic: Printing  (Read 2580 times) previous topic - next topic

Printing

How do I make a staff not print with the others?

Re: Printing

Reply #1
Boundary Change Properties
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.51)
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff"
|Note|Dur:Whole|Pos:0
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff-2"
|Boundary|Style:Collapse|Color:6
|Note|Dur:Whole|Pos:0
!NoteWorthyComposer-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
To clarify a little for other, possibly new, users:
Ricks response allows the staff to be still active in the editor and is a technique also used for staff reduction in a full score when the staff in question is composed of rests.

For a more general approach, in page setup there is a Contents tab which allows control of what is visible in the editor - this will also affect what is printed as anything invisible in the editor is also not printed.

I use this approach when extracting parts - turn off everything except the part I want to print, print the part, then go back and change the selection to the next part...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
For a more general approach, in page setup there is a Contents tab which allows control of what is visible in the editor - this will also affect what is printed as anything invisible in the editor is also not printed.

I use this approach when extracting parts - turn off everything except the part I want to print, print the part, then go back and change the selection to the next part...

Another application for this is adding the keyboard accompaniment to a choral score and then hiding those staves. Clicking "Play" will give the full arrangement, but the printed music for the choir members is more compact.

Mike