Skip to main content
Topic: hmm_ShowRanges.php: A small new tool for checking and visualizing note ranges (Read 5570 times) previous topic - next topic

hmm_ShowRanges.php: A small new tool for checking and visualizing note ranges

Hi all -

I have written a small tool that helps to visualize notes on a system that are outside a given range.

I'd like to post a link to its description and download area here - however, I get a message that I cannot post links here ... so if someone is interested, please leave me a PN (and if anyone could tell me how to "upgrade" my membership so that I can post links, that would be nice).

By using the nwc2clips PHP library, the tool handles arbitrary clefs adn accidentals; and can visualize multiple ranges at one time by chaning note colors or noteheads. In my scores, I usually use two ranges,
  • one smaller "convenient" (for singing or playing) range
  • and one larger "full" range, which can be played or sung with some effort.
The tool thus helps to find quickly areas where one might have to revise an arrangement for easier playing/singing.

If the tool is useful for anybody, and/or if anyone would like to remark on it, point out bugs or possible improvement, I'd be happy!

Best regards
Harald M. Müller

Re: hmm_ShowRanges.php: A small new tool for checking and visualizing note ranges

Reply #1
I have written a small tool that helps to visualize notes on a system that are outside a given range.

I'd like to post a link to its description and download area here - however, I get a message that I cannot post links here ... so if someone is interested, please leave me a PN (and if anyone could tell me how to "upgrade" my membership so that I can post links, that would be nice).
When posting or replying to a message, there should be a # on the bottom row of icons, 3rd from the right.  Try copying your tool to the clipboard, click on the # and paste it into the {code}{/code} brackets [].

HTH
Since 1998

Re: hmm_ShowRanges.php: A small new tool for checking and visualizing note ranges

Reply #2
Hi all again -

To find the description - including the download page - of my tool, you can simply search in Google for "hmm_ShowRanges" - it will find only one page in the whole wide world :)
(So far, only Google finds it, as I have posted the description in Google's blogspot site).

I tried to post the code as suggested by Warren - but the forum also says "Sorry, links are not permitted ..." :-(

Regards
Harald

Reply #3
Harald,

To post links in this forum, you need to upgrade to NWC2 User.

To do that, get your Licence Authenticity Label (which has your registered Name and Authenticity ID) and then go to the first post of
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5483.0 (Shown above where it says 
Licensed NWC2 users can upgrade their community membership [more]
)
Click on Licence Authorisation and Validation. Fill out the details on the next screen and then follow the prompts.

Rich.

Reply #4
Hi - I feared (and expected) this answer :-) ... All "hardware" (packages, floppy disks, CDs??) related to NWC2 have, over a few moves - even over continents - long vanished "somewhere". The question thus is: How can I get these data again? (I could claim that my cellar was drowned by a flood - as was my parents' -: certainly there is a way to recapture these data in such a case? - and no, not everything in my house is backed up with copies, as even insurance companies accept other, more indirect proofs than only the insurance certificate ...). Thx anyway!
Harald
(BTW: Preview of posts also does not work for me - the browser says "Fetching preview..." for an indefinite time. Post, as you can see, works :-) )

Reply #5
All "hardware" (packages, floppy disks, CDs??)  related to NWC2 have, over a few moves - even over continents - long vanished "somewhere". 

As well as the information that was on the CD box, you also would have received a letter containing this information.
Find  the letter and "Bingo".

Personally, I have the details in a password protected file on my machine so that it is copied (along with passwords and the like) every time I do a backup.

Rich.

Reply #7
Flurmy - Thank you for posting the links! Harald

Reply #8
I had to fix two bugs:
  • Double lower notes now handled correctly;
  • and not only notehead color, but (range) chord color is respected.
The version 1.1 is available at the links posted above by Flurmy.

Regards
Harald