Skip to main content
Topic: itrees (Read 13950 times) previous topic - next topic

itrees

I developed an itree in notepad. I gave it the file extension of .nwcitree and place it in the itree section of noteworthy where the sample, default, classic etc itrees are. When I start a new song, and choose my itree it comes up invalid and shows a blank square where the tree should be. I can see it in notepad, but how do I get it into the nwcitree or itree files?

Re: itrees

Reply #1
I developed an itree in notepad. I gave it the file extension of .nwcitree and place it in the itree section of noteworthy where the sample, default, classic etc itrees are. When I start a new song, and choose my itree it comes up invalid and shows a blank square where the tree should be. I can see it in notepad, but how do I get it into the nwcitree or itree files?

Without posting the file here for us to see, it's hard to tell what went wrong. You have probably read the comments in Sample.nwcitree, so you'll know that there are rules for some of the commands/options in the file.

Did you create the file from scratch, or did you base it on one of the existing itrees that came with NWC?

Re: itrees

Reply #2
I have just had a play around with itrees and with Notepad (not my normal text editor). I believe that you may have saved the itree as either Unicode, Unicode bigendian or UTF8. These formats do not work and will not read into Noteworthy and you will get a black square "thing" in place of what should be an itree.

If I am right, you will need to load your itree back into notepad and then save as format ANSI. When you do this, also make sure that "save as type" is set to "All Files  (*.*)" and not "Text Documents (*.txt)".  If you don't, you will end up with a file with a .nwcitree.txt extension which won't be seen by Noteworthy.

Rich.