Skip to main content
Topic: Clear selected (Read 2854 times) previous topic - next topic

Clear selected

For a work, I loaded a lot temporary files in NWC. All those files cluttered the file history list so I wanted to remove them.
With my great surprise, even if there is the button "Clear selected", I found no way to select multiple items.
It seems that the button means "Clear the one selected"
Luckily, in my case the files I wanted to remove were consecutive, so I just had to click a lot of times the button, but...

Re: Clear selected

Reply #1
Yes, it is strange and you would expect to be able to do a standard windows type selection and delete those highlighted.

When I need to clear out a multi selection of files, I usually go to the file holding the information and do it directly there - much easier.

This is a file called FileMRU.dat which is found in
c:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\NoteWorthy Software\nwc2\config.  This file should not be confused with the file of the same name in
c:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\NoteWorthy Software\nwc2  which holds the standard windows most recently used list.

The xxxxx in the path above relates to the user name

alternatively, this can also be reached by using the following       %LOCALAPPDATA%\NoteWorthy Software\nwc2\config
Rich.

Re: Clear selected

Reply #2
Don't complain too much. That button didn't exist at all a few iterations of NWC ago. I'm grateful to have it (though I do agree that it would be better if multiple selections were allowed).