Skip to main content
Topic: Change staff metrics (Read 2254 times) previous topic - next topic

Change staff metrics

I think I already asked this, but I don't remember the answer.
Why, while changing staff metrics with "proportionately scale other staff font sizes", the user font sizes don't change?
Maybe they were conceived as something not "staff font", but more often than not, if not always, I'd prefer them to scale.
What do you think about it?

Re: Change staff metrics

Reply #1
To my mind, the user fonts are under your absolute control, and NWC does not try to guess how you would like to have them when you change staff metrics.

Re: Change staff metrics

Reply #2
To my mind, the user fonts are under your absolute control, and NWC does not try to guess how you would like to have them when you change staff metrics.

Actually, the checkbox on the Staff Size dialog says "Proportionally Scale Other Staff Font Sizes" (emphasis is mine). When it is checked, only the Staff Italic, Staff Bold and Staff Lyric font sizes will be updated; neither the Page nor User fonts will be changed.

There have been times when I would have liked to be able to scale the other fonts sizes when I increased or decreased the staff size. Maybe in a future release, checkboxes could be added to that dialog for scaling the page and/or user fonts during a staff metric size change.