Skip to main content
Topic: Changing accidentals (Read 2510 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing accidentals

Sorry for another basic question.

I am trying to put in a chord that includes a B flat. It is coming out as A sharp. How can I change it without affecting the other notes in the chord please?

Re: Changing accidentals

Reply #1
Don't worry about asking basic questions. One day you will be answering them for someone else !

How can I change it without affecting the other notes in the chord please?

Position the cursor alongside the A# to the right.  Hold down the control key and then press backspace.
This will remove the chord member  to the left and at the same level that the cursor is at.
Now just position the cursor for the new chord member, select the accidental you want and then hold down the control key and press enter to add the new chord member.

This is the only way to change a chord member (purpose built scripts excepting).

Hope this helps.
Rich.

Reply #2
Got it. Thanks very much for getting back.

Great product and great support from this forum.

Reply #3
This is the only way to change a chord member (purpose built scripts excepting).

Depending on the key signature, Tools, Audit, Audit Enharmonic spelling might also have automatically converted a A# to a Bb.

Reply #4
You might find useful the two user tools, to favour sharps or flats, that I have just published in the User Tools forum. I have found them useful and your query has spurred me to make them generally available.