Skip to main content
Topic: Using color and visibility with Spacer and Boundary objects (Read 5775 times) previous topic - next topic

Using color and visibility with Spacer and Boundary objects

The Spacer Command and Boundary Change Command introduced in NWC 2.5 have these properties:
  • the color is not seen in Print Preview or Viewer Mode
  • a visibility option that causes the object to be hidden, disables the object.

This allows for some interesting uses for these properties.
Various colors can be set to clarify the purpose of the object. I use Color:1 (red) for spacers with a zero width. This distinguishes them from the other small spacers. I use Color:3 (blue) for spacers that only matter in the editor.
If I am using the same width spacer to generally "spread out" a song, I assign it a color. This makes it easy to find with the Filtered Properties Command should I wish to change the overall spacing.

Boundary objects are often used to collapse staves when they contribute nothing to a score (French scoring) and to adjust the spacing between staves. When printing an individual part, they usually need to be disabled. By assigning a color to those Boundary objects, I can selectively disable them with the 'Global Modification (adp)', User Tool Command

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.5,Single)
|Boundary|Style:NewSize|Upper:8|Lower:8|Color:1
|Boundary|Style:Gap|Width:200
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

To disable the effect of red Boundary objects, run: Global Modification (adp)
Quote from: contents of prompt
Boundary,Color==1 Visibility=Never

To reset them to default visibility, run: Global Modification (adp)
Quote from: contents of prompt
Boundary,Color==1 Visibility=
Registered user since 1996

Re: Using color and visibility with Spacer and Boundary objects

Reply #1
Very interesting, Rick. I'm likely to find a use for this.