Skip to main content
Topic: Key change without refill of all notes (Read 2814 times) previous topic - next topic

Key change without refill of all notes

Hallo All,

Is there any tool to change keys e. g. from g key to f key, but with the same effect as transposing, in order to make refill of all notes superfluous.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mazzltov. 

Re: Key change without refill of all notes

Reply #1
Hi Mazzltov,
if you're saying what I think your saying, that IS transposing...

If you are transposing from one key to another then make sure that "Update playback transposition" is NOT checked.

If you are transposing just one staff for, say, a trumpet in Bb whilst leaving everything else in concert pitch then you must make sure that "Update playback transposition" is IS checked.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Maybe he is asking for a tool that does all staves at once, rather than one staff at a time ?
Just a thought.
Rich.

Reply #5
I'm guessing confusion between moving a selected group of notes up or down the staff (<control><shift><up or down arrow>) with transposition. Mazzltov, what you want isn't that technique (which simply moves the notes to the next space or line, without regard to whether that next space or line is a half-step or a whole step away). What you want is the menu item <tools><transpose staff>. It only works on the whole staff - it will fail if any part of the staff is selected. But it DOES pay attention to the whole- and half-step structure of the music, and will actually transpose the music to a new key, complete with correct key signature.