Skip to main content
Topic: Installing NWC on Ubuntu (Read 2145 times) previous topic - next topic

Installing NWC on Ubuntu

Hi,

I have searched this forum and found a few posts regarding installing NWC on ubuntu, however, I can't seem to get it going. No one else seems to have had problems with the installation itself.

When I click on the nwcsetup.exe, I get:

"The file C:\windows\profiles\damian\Temp\GLF11f4.tmp could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory"

nwc1upd_175b_175c.exe insists that I must already have a nothworthy installation to continue, and setup_nwc2_nwc175cd.exe wants me to select the cd from D:, and I can't think of any way around that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Damian

Edit: 07 Dec 2012
I figured out how to do this, so I will post the method here in case it helps anyone else:

Don't bother trying to install the earlier versions of noteworthy. I got the latest version of 2 by using the validation system on the website (you need the info and code from the CD cover to get access to this). After getting this file:

1. put the noteworthy setup cd in the cd drive

2. run winecfg from a command prompt, and a GUI wine setup tool should appear. Click on the "Drives" tab, click on the line starting "D:" if it is there, and you can then browse to where the cd is mounted, then click "OK".

3. double click the "setup_nwc2_nwc175cd.exe" file, and just follow the prompts. It should now install just fine.

Note: whilst  trying to figure this out, I also made an iso of the original setup cd, and mounted it:

sudo mount noteworthy.iso isoMnt/ -t iso9660 -o loop

From the winecfg GUI setup tool, I set the D: as the mounted iso (/home/damian/isoMnt), and then ran setup (setup_nwc2_nwc175cd.exe).

This method also worked fine.

Re: Installing NWC on Ubuntu

Reply #1
setup_nwc2_nwc175cd.exe wants me to select the cd from D:, and I can't think of any way around that.

For the record, the CD upgrade installers do not insist that you use the D: drive. You can manually enter any valid folder path into the box.