Skip to main content
Topic: Multiline staff labels (Read 2699 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiline staff labels

... is there any way to get them?

I need them for "1st Flute\n(not oblig.)" or "2nd Flute\n(= Eb Clarinet)" etc.

I only need them on the first page, so a little trickery with Text objects would be ok, but they should all nicely have the same line width, orientation etc., both when I print a full score and for a few (or single) voices.

... might be too much what I ask for ...

H.M.

Re: Multiline staff labels

Reply #1
Maybe today there is a better way, but long ago Rob found a solution here

Reply #2
If you follow Flurmy's link you'll actually find TWO solutions, one by Rob, the other by Rick G. I've done essentially what Rob suggests for many years and have found it effective, but Rick's idea intrigues me - it has the advantage of allowing you to see the labels on the editing screen - and I think I'll be switching.

(An item for the wish list - text objects that can include a line feed.)

Reply #3
Wow - that were quick and helpful answers!

As a "reward", here are links to the score an an (computer) MP3 of the march I wrote over the last few days, which is now ready to be scrutinized by my instrumentation teacher ... just to show (off) what I'm working on. The actual NWC file contains about 60 staffs (all the non-transposed instruments, particell, tempo, various staffs for copying and instrumentation marks) - it's a pleasure to work with NWC on such larger projects!

"Guade oide Zeid" - MP3
"Guade oide Zeid" - score

("Guade oide Zeid" means "good old times" in (one) Bavarian dialect.) The score is not yet perfect ... but good enough for a working version.

H.M.

Reply #4
For a long time habitué of Südtirol like me it sounds very familiar.  ;)
Nice work!

Reply #5
Thoroughly enjoyed listening to the march while reading the score.

Well done!