Skip to main content
Topic: printing many staves (Read 2439 times) previous topic - next topic

printing many staves

I'm trying to print several staves, and the problem is that each one has a different time signature (such as 2/2, 2/8, 2/4, etc). When I try to print it, the 2/2 bar is huge, and the print-out is generally messed up. I've turned off "increase note spacing for larger durations," but that doesn't help. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Re: printing many staves

Reply #1
Unfortunately, NWC doesn't support polyrhythms like that. (I assume that's what you're trying to do.)

Maybe in the future???!!

Reply #2
Actually, I don't need it to play back...I just need it to print out so that each 4 bar section is the same length on the page. It's for a text-book like assignment, and I want to print out a bunch of examples, each in a different metre.
As I said, all I care about is the printout.
Thanks again

Reply #3
A couple things you might try:

Use the Print Preview --> Copy function, or the Edit --> Copy Special option to copy the desired staff fragments to your clipboard, from whence you can import the graphic (as a metafile) into a program such as Word or Publisher. The online help file describes these functions quite well.

My daughter (who doesn't care for such tomfoolery but is quite resourceful) figured out that she can print several short pieces on a single page by suitably adjusting the top and bottom margins (in Page Setup), then running the same sheet of paper through the printer several times.

Fred