Skip to main content
Topic: History always empty (Read 3910 times) previous topic - next topic

History always empty

I'm running NWC 2.5.5 on Windows 7 64 bit, and every time I start up the application, the File>History... list is empty (files are added to the list during a session, but closing & restarting the application clears it again). Does anyone have any ideas how I might fix this?

Thanks!
John

Re: History always empty

Reply #1
Hi John,

You don't say if this is just NoteWorthy or if it is all of your programs.

If it is with every program, not just NoteWorthy, I believe there is a registry entry that clears the mru listing after program exits.
You may need to search for this value - sorry I can't be more specific, I just remember hearing about it and have never dabbled in this area.

Rich.

Reply #2
NWC 2.5.5 keeps the history list in a file named: 'FileMRU.dat' in the 'Config' folder specified in the Folders Options Dialog Tab.
This folder may change for each user.

'FileMRU.dat' is updated immediately any time a *.nwc or *.nwctxt file is opened.
Exception: files opened via the Open Samples Command are not added to History.
You must be able to read and write to 'FileMRU.dat'.

The Viewer uses a different, registry-based system.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
In answer to Richard, it's just NWC which suffered from the problem, and Rick has provided the information I needed to solve it. At some point I moved some of my profile folders to another disk, including the %APPDATA% folder. However NWC had remembered the expanded location

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Noteworthy Software\nwc2\Config

rather than the symbolic form

%APPDATA%\Noteworthy Software\nwc2\Config

so it didn't pick up the change.

Thank you for the help: problem solved :-)