Skip to main content
Topic: White color as digital tipp-ex (Read 6005 times) previous topic - next topic

White color as digital tipp-ex

It occurred to me that if the white color was added to the available colors one could use it to hide items that cannot be hidden otherwise, like the "3" of the triplet for example.
I have chosen a windings a triangle from windings 3/font 16/yellow, so as to demonstrate the idea. Of course this would only work outside the pentagram, but it could still be quite useful I think. 

!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.5,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble|OctaveShift:Octave Down
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=First|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=First
|Text|Text:"x"|Font:User2|Pos:11|Placement:AtNextNote|Color:4
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=End|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=End
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Re: White color as digital tipp-ex

Reply #1
G'day Leon,
good thought, but you're a bit behind...

If you set one of the highlight colours to white you can do exactly what you suggest.

Search the forum for "digital whiteout" to see some examples.

If you have downloaded any of my fonts the examples were created in NWC2 and use digital whiteout for the blank staff before the Coda.

E.G.: http://zoundz.pardyline.com.au/SupportFiles/Fonts/SwingDings-SampleChart.pdf
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Hi Lawrie, thanks for the suggestion.
I went to the discussion area you referred to, but did not succeed downloading Rick's attachment.
At the time I could not download anything and I was told that it happened because I was not registered, but now that I am the problem persists.

Reply #3
Can you copy and paste the url you're trying to access the download from?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Hi Lawrie,
I seem to have the similar problem with other downloads, so I'll have it fixed first and try again. Thanks for your help.
Yehuda