|Rest|Dur:4th
|Bar
|Note|Dur:4th,Staccato|Pos:-1
|Rest|Dur:4th
|Rest|Dur:Half
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Re: Pedal handling error

Reply #1
Strange - I would say that this is the same sort of problem that we saw before where the preceeding tempo was not found when starting from somewhere in the middle of a piece, but with this, the error happens even if you start the music immediately before the pedal up. So maybe it is not the same sort of thing.

Rich.

Reply #2
After playing around with this for a while, I have come to the conclusion that it is that sort of reverse reading problem.

What seems to happen is that NoteWorthy looks back to the last note, but not the last non note instruction. In this case the last note has a pedal down property. and so that is what is set from the new start point onwards. From the new start point, there is never a pedal up and so the pedal down property remains.

If you start the music playing from the second note in bar two, you don't get the problem. If you move the pedal up mark to between the third and forth notes of bar one, you don't get the problem when you start at bar two, only if you start at the forth note of bar one.
Rich.

Reply #3
Yes, this is a similar problem to the past tempo issues. Thanks for the report.

Note that the "Play from" has to be "insertion point" or further down in order to see this issue (from Tools, Options, Midi).

Reply #4
Note that the "Play from" has to be "insertion point" or further down in order to see this issue (from Tools, Options, Midi).

Sorry, I missed to report that detail.

Reply #5
I just met the same problem.
This means it has not been solved...

Reply #6
NWC 2.51 fixes this issue permanently. A beta is currently available in the Back Stage area.

Reply #7
Confirmed that this is no longer an issue in the 2.51 beta
Rich.