Skip to main content
Topic: Can slur and/or tie default settings be changed? (Read 4654 times) previous topic - next topic

Can slur and/or tie default settings be changed?

I use Noteworthy to copy barbershop songs for learning purposes (I wish I were talented enough to create and write scores).  So that means the upper treble staff is the tenor part, the lower treble is the lead, and upper bass staff is baritone, and the lower bass staff is the bass part.  There are is a default setting that I would love to change and I'm hoping someone can help me with it.

On whatever staff I am editing, the default tie or slur direction is the opposite of what the music calls for and I have to change each and every slur or tie to curve in the proper direction, which is a pain to do.  That means a tie or slur on the tenor part points down by default, the lead points up by default, the baritone points down by default, and the bass points up by default.  All four of these defaults are the exact opposite of what they need to be.  Is there any way to change this default setting when one is editing the four staffs?  Any help would be appreciated.

Ron Davidson
Staunton, VA.

Re: Can slur and/or tie default settings be changed?

Reply #1
Is there any way to change this default setting
No

Select the contents of the staff.
For a staff that you are using for the upper voice, set slur and tie direction to 'Upward'
For a staff that you are using for the lower voice, set slur and tie direction to 'Downward'

If the selection does not contain any split duration chords or rest chords, you can also set the stem direction.

See the last paragraph of: FAQ - Existing notes or symbols - change or delete
Registered user since 1996

Re: Can slur and/or tie default settings be changed?

Reply #2
Thanks for the suggestion.  I can at least wait to change the directions of the slurs & ties until the end of the score and do it all at once.  That makes it a bit simpler.  But perhaps that is something that could be addressed in future updates?  Just one for the suggestion box. :-)

Ron Davidson
Staunton, VA