Skip to main content
Topic: the wraparound vs continuous staff question again... (Read 2981 times) previous topic - next topic

the wraparound vs continuous staff question again...

Been fighting my way through the threads trying to find out if there is any way of not having to scroll for miles and miles left and right, on my one-staff creations. I know how to force line breaks for printing, but it'd make my life hugely easier if there was some optional auto-wrap feature. It's clearly been something that people have been grumbling about and asking for since at least 2002, going by the comments on this forum.  I've just upgraded to NWC2 (because other than this omission it is undoubtedly a fine program) and was really hoping to have found some development on this - am I missing something somewhere?

Re: the wraparound vs continuous staff question again...

Reply #1
Been fighting my way through the threads trying to find out if there is any way of not having to scroll for miles and miles left and right, on my one-staff creations.
See: Goto Command
Dragging the tab on the horizontal scroll bar is also quite fast and responsive.

It's clearly been something that people have been grumbling about and asking for since at least 2002, going by the comments on this forum.
I read the comments differently. New users express frustration until they realize that Edit/View is strip oriented and that 'Print Preview' is page oriented. Once they understand, the "grumbling" ceases. It is possible that some move to a different notation program rather than adjust to NoteWorthy's paradigm.

was really hoping to have found some development on this - am I missing something somewhere?
I don't think so. I suspect that creating a page oriented editor is a major undertaking. I don't recall reading that it has ever been seriously considered.
Registered user since 1996