Skip to main content
Topic: pitch tuning (Read 4586 times) previous topic - next topic

pitch tuning

Hi everybody!
I wonder if there is a workaround for changing the A-440 based default pitch of the program.
This could be useful when using the program as a playback minus one. Orchestras over here (Israel) are usually tuned on A-442 for example.
All the best

Re: pitch tuning

Reply #1
NoteWorthy doesn't assume any default pitch.

If you are using an external synth, there should be instructions in the synth's documentation about how to change the default tuning.

Internal (software) synths may be changeable via a SysEx message. NoteWorthy will not send a SysEx message, but other software can. Hopefully, the tuning change will persist.

NoteWorthy can send pitch bends. If sent on each MIDI channel used, this will effectively "retune" the synth.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Hi Rick, thanks for your answer.

NoteWorthy can send pitch bends. If sent on each MIDI channel used, this will effectively "retune" the synth.
I have tried it, but did not succeed. Could you please lead me step by step?
Thaks in advance

Reply #3
sent it again by mistake, how do you erase a message anyway?

Reply #4
how do you erase a message anyway?
See: Modifying or Deleting a Post

On my WinXP synth, the following produces the frequencies indicated in the lyrics. YMMV
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.5)
|Lyric1|Text:"442.5 444.6\r\n"
|Instrument|Name:"Recorder"|Patch:74
|Tempo|Tempo:16|Pos:11
|Note|Dur:Half|Pos:-1
|MPC|Controller:pitch|Style:Absolute|Pt1:0,8542|Pos:8
|Note|Dur:Half|Pos:-1
!NoteWorthyComposer-End

Reply #5
Hi Rick, I appreciate,
I downloaded your example. If I uderstood you right the first not should be A 442.5 and the second A 446 or so. Well I played it on my pc and they sound exactly the same: A 440. Am I missing something? Probably I am... Sorry I am quite crude with midi things, I use the program mainly to get music printed.

I can find the modify button, but where is the delete button?

Thanks again 

Reply #6
I played it on my pc and they sound exactly the same: A 440. Am I missing something?
I can't hear any difference either, but the 2nd note is 2 Hz higher than the first. I verified it with a frequency meter.