Skip to main content
Topic: Beam Command on Noteworthy 2.5.2 (Read 4251 times) previous topic - next topic

Beam Command on Noteworthy 2.5.2

I upgraded to Noteworthy 2.5.2, at first the beam command worked, now, on the same computer 1 week later, it does not work, it (the note beam tool) is not visible on the display, nor the Note pull down menu, and does not respond to quick key commands. I just want to beam 2 eight notes that have stems up, no big deal but is does not work on the selected notes. Note I did re-install the software but that did not help. Any suggestions?

Re: Beam Command on Noteworthy 2.5.2

Reply #1
It's difficult to give an answer from your description.

I suspect that sometimes NWC refuses to beam because you would be violating timimg rules.

I suggest:
1. In NWC, Click on "VIEW", select "Toolbars" and ensure that all (but "piano" possibly excepted)
are checked.

2. Tell us in which measure and staff of your music the trouble occurs

3. When you reply, click on "Additional Options" (below the area where you would be typing your message) and in the "Attach" type in the FULL info for the offending *.nwc file: eg something like "C:\My music\trouble.nwc"

Click on "Browse" to select the file you want to attach.

4. In Additional options, check "Notify me of replies", which will generate e-mail to your e-mail address when somebody replies.

5. Submit, and wait to see what further assistance will be offered.

Reply #2
Haymo, thank you for your note.

The timing is just 4/4 and I have 4 quarter notes in a row that I am trying to beam in an example I made.

Under "Additional options" on this reply I have 3 options: "Return to this topic", "Don't use smileys", "Lock this topic"  I don't see a place marked "Attach", nor do I see "Notify me of replies"  I'm looking in the wrong place?

Reply #3
I have 4 quarter notes in a row that I am trying to beam in an example
Quarter notes cannot be beamed. Nor can they be beamed across.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Rick, Haymo,

Thank you! Problem gone!

Reply #5
DOUGBANEY,
I'm happy that your beaming problem is solved.

On my PC, the  BLANK reply screen looks like the first attached picture.
If yours differs, it may be that you need to upgrade your community membership.
In that case, click on the "more" in the fine print at the top of the screen.

Whilst I'm typing this message, my screen looks like the second picture.

FIREFOX is trying to run in Afrikaans on my PC,
so if you wanted to attach a file,
you'd be clicking on the button which spells "Blaai" (instead of "Browse")