Skip to main content
Topic: Playing files on NWC viewer (Read 4856 times) previous topic - next topic

Playing files on NWC viewer

I'm new to this forum but can't find the subject I'm looking for. My problem is I find files I compose on the current version of NWC don't seem to be able to be played on the latest version of "viewer". People get the message that the file I've sent has been "composed on a newer version of NWC". I am also unable to find anyway to ask questions of the makers of NWC.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on either or both of these issues?
Thanks
Jeff

Re: Playing files on NWC viewer

Reply #2
I'm new to this forum but can't find the subject I'm looking for.
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. As a registered user, step one would be to upgrade your membership. This will give you access to additional information.

My problem is I find files I compose on the current version of NWC don't seem to be able to be played on the latest version of "viewer". People get the message that the file I've sent has been "composed on a newer version of NWC".
The latest news concerning Viewer development is at NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Depending on the version of the song to be viewed, links are provided for the proper viewer.

I am also unable to find anyway to ask questions of the makers of NWC.
Except for purchase related questions, you are better off asking questions in the forum. By "purchase related" I mean questions that require personal information to answer.

When a question is posted in the forum, one of the regulars will reply within hours if it is on-topic and decipherable.

The support links are at: NoteWorthy Composer - Support and Help
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Thanks for the replies chaps. The viewer is on my laptop and when I tried to upgrade it I got a message that it was already the latest version. That's why I have a problem.

Maybe I'll try again.

Thanks

Jeff

Reply #4
So I've checked everything. The NWC programme I'm using on my main PC is version 2.5 which I bought a few weeks ago. The viewer on my laptop is version 2. I have selected the "check web for updates" option in help and the message comes back that I am using the "most recent version of this programme".
I have emailed a file created on NWC2.5 to my laptop a few minutes ago and when I try to open it on viewer is says "file uses new format".
So it seems my plan to be able to create compositions and then email them to friends to hear through viewer is a non-starter.
Anyone got any other ideas?
Jeff

Reply #5
As I said to you in my earlier post, you need to download the viewer from this location :
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=7439.0

You have probably downloaded the viewer from the location that Rick pointed to.
But if you look carefully at what he said
The latest news concerning Viewer development
is at the link he gave.

If you read that link, it tells you that the latest beta Viewer is at the forum ie at the link I gave you.
I gave you that link since it is the latest link for the viewer .

The issue is that while NoteWorthy Composer version 2.5 has been officially released, the Viewer hasn't. Only the Viewer for version 2.1 has been officially released. So if you want people to play version 2.5 files with the viewer you HAVE to get them to download the 2.5 beta viewer at the location I gave you. This is in the Public Address area of the forum and so is available to all.
Rich.

Reply #6
The problem here is that we are in a little window between the (very recent) release of a new version of NWC and the corresponding new version of the Viewer, which is in beta and is likely to be released shortly. Through no fault of your own, your timing is awkward. But, as Rich points out, anyone can download the current beta version of the Viewer. Don't let the term "beta" scare you: it's a very stable product which will not harm your computer. The main reason it's still in beta is that its features are still being tweaked.