Skip to main content
Topic: Staff Line Weight/Thickness (Read 6118 times) previous topic - next topic

Staff Line Weight/Thickness

I know that there have been some different line drawing methods implemented in NoteWorthy Composer and NoteWorthy Viewer.  Perhaps more in Viewer than Composer.  I am having an issue in which the horizontal staff lines are printing (from Composer) in a weight that really too thin for easy viewing.  They simply look faint (micro-thin).  I am using a Dell laser printer (3100cn) and Windows XP.  The printer is a 600dpi printer.  I believe I have posted in the wish list previously a hope for a user adjustable weight for the lines.  With all of the enhancements that have been made in 2.5, is there a way to change the line thickness?  (If not, can someone point out where the wish list is at this point?  I never used to have trouble finding it, but the location is currently escaping my view.)  Thank you in advance for your help/comments.

Re: Staff Line Weight/Thickness

Reply #2
NWC and its Viewer print exactly the same way. Currently, there are no user adjustable properties for staff line thickness.

Reply #3
Your Dell 3100CN is both PCL6 and PS compatible.  I would suggest installing the bog-standard HP Laserjet III printer driver, and attaching it to the same port as your Dell printer.  Try printing using this HPIII driver, to see if the line "darkness" is improved.  Very often, the very latest printer drivers from the manufacturer try to be too clever, and an older driver without all the bells and whistles often works much better.

Reply #4
removed by author
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
NWC 2.5.2 will include both a slightly thicker staff line, and an experimental mechanism for temporarily changing staff line thickness. You might want to wait for that update.

Reply #6
NWC 2.5.2 will include both a slightly thicker staff line, and an experimental mechanism for temporarily changing staff line thickness. You might want to wait for that update.

HURRAH! This will be most welcome.

Especially if / when intensity of bar lines and note stems could (individually) also be increased.

Reply #7
Great.  Thank you!!!