Skip to main content
Topic: 1) STYLE FILES / 2) nwc 2.5.1 (Read 5488 times) previous topic - next topic

1) STYLE FILES / 2) nwc 2.5.1

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS. 1) I HAVE A YAMAHA DGX 220 KEYBOARD AND THE STYLE FILE (extension: .sty) IS USED TO TRANSFER DATA BETWEEN THE INSTRUMENT AND A COMPUTER. NWC FILES DON'T WORK IN THE YAMAHA MUSICSOFT DOWNLOADER DATA TRANSFER. HOW CAN I GET NWC FILES TO WORK IN THIS SITUATION?
2) I HAVE A NEWER LAPTOP WHICH I DOWNLOADED nwc 2.5.1 TO. I HAVE AN OLDER DESK TOP AND AN OLDER LAP TOP WHICH ALSO HAVE nwc 2 ON THEM. HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD nwc 2.5.1 TO THESE TWO COMPUTERS? SINCE I'VE SAVED FILES TO THE NEWER VERSION(2.5.1), THE OLDER VERSION(2) WON'T BE ABLE TO OPEN THEM.

Re: 1) STYLE FILES / 2) nwc 2.5.1

Reply #1
1) NWC doesn't support *.sty files in any way. You can export to Type 0 MIDI files. From there, you might be able to use some kind of Yamaha Style editor to convert the performance, but I have nothing to offer on how this might be done.

2) Subject to the terms of the NWC2 license, your older version 2 installs have to be upgraded individually. The easiest way is via the Help->Access Noteworthy Software.com command in the program.