Skip to main content
Topic: horizontal lines in music higher contrast (Read 7195 times) previous topic - next topic

horizontal lines in music higher contrast

We want to view the horizontal lines visible in a higher contrast. How can we do that?
We create a NWC-file, print it to JPG-files, changed them to negative using Irfanview and import these JPG-files into Powerpoint. I tried to insert a hyperlink in this post, but I am not allowed to do that :(
When we show these powerpoint onto the wall, but we cannot see the horizontal lines...
Tips are very welcome!

Re: horizontal lines in music higher contrast

Reply #1
I'm not sure why you're going via Irfanview other than to create the negative...

As an experiment, from Print Preview in NWC, use the "Copy" button (I'm using NWC 2, haven't used 1.75 for many years but IIRC it's a "Copy Special" button in 1.75)

This will create an EMF (in NWC2) or a BMP (I think, in 1.75) that you can use in PowerPoint directly.  I don't ever do this as I don't have the need, RickG is knowledgeable in this area and will undoubtedly correct my recollections.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
I am using NWC 2.1 but I do not see an option "Copy Special" (May be you mean "Paste special", but also that I cannot find).

Reply #3
In NWC2.1 it's "Copy" - gives you the option in the following dialogue of Clipboard or EMF file.

Reply #4
Using the copy function I cannot make negative the print (background black and scores and lyrics in white) So I am using Irfanview.
But that isn't the most important thing (see start of this topic).

Reply #5
If you see my first post on this topic I said this was a test...

Reply #6
Rather than doing all the jpg and image processor work, it may be simpler and much less time consuming to print your music to PDF, and import that to Powerpoint.  There are several PDF printer emulators (I use PDFCREATOR.EXE from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/files/latest/download).   They send the printed pages to a PDF file instead of a printer.

"it is possible for you to import PDF content from another application into a PowerPoint presentation. Adobe Reader now enables you to select, copy, and paste text and images to put them into your presentation.  You can also insert a file in .pdf format into your Office 2010 file as an object. You will be able to re-size it, but you will be unable to edit it after insertion."
Source:  http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/powerpoint-help/using-powerpoint-2010-and-2007-with-pdf-files-HA102586125.aspx#_Toc287451151 

Reply #7
When we show these powerpoint onto the wall, but we cannot see the horizontal lines...

It is unclear from your description whether your problem is caused by the projector, the projection surface, the room lighting, the image conversion, or the presentation software.

With regard to NWC, the line widths cannot be user changed. However, they are based on staff size and printer resolution, if that helps.

Reply #8
My guess is that the problem is caused by the conversion to .jpg and then to a negative image. Try either (a) using a conversion to .bmp or .png instead of .jpg, or (b) using Photoshop (or another photo editor) to make the lines more prominent in the final image. (One way to do this is by tinkering with the contrast settings.) Or both.