Skip to main content
Topic: No diamond but a boat anchor (Read 6559 times) previous topic - next topic

No diamond but a boat anchor

I'm trying to edit text I've inserted and I see many references to a little diamond but I have none. Instead there is the shape of a boat anchor. Obviously I've done something wrong but what? Thanks, Michael

Re: No diamond but a boat anchor

Reply #1
You haven't done anything wrong.

This is controlled from Tools / Options / Editor .

If you check small expression anchor, you get an anchor.
If you uncheck it, you get a small diamond.

Choose your preference.
Rich.

Reply #2
Quote from: http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/help/TAB_OPTIONSEDITOR.htm
Small Expression Anchor
This option changes the editor's expression anchor into a smaller diamond shape. Advanced users may find the smaller diamond to be easier to work with in the editor than the larger anchor symbol.
The option to use the large expression anchor (i.e., the boat anchor) has been removed from NWC's 2.5 Beta, so this topic will likely be of only historical value once NoteWorthy Composer ships version 2.5

The option has been replaced by:
Quote from: nwc2test.chm::/TAB_OPTIONSEDITOR.htm
Custom Expression Anchor
This option changes the editor's expression anchor into a custom pointer that indicates the justification origin. The size option indicates the propertion of space reserved for the custom anchor relative to the current zoom level. A size setting of about 1.0 is recommended when using the custom anchor.
I use a size setting of 0.8 rather than the recommended 1.0
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
I use 0.6. In general, I'd recommend using the smallest size you can comfortably see - it makes the editor less cluttered and keeps the score you are working on closer to what its appearance will be on the printed page.

Reply #4
Perhaps this quote is a subtle way of pointing out a spelling error. It will be fixed.

Reply #5
Well, I suppose "propertion" is close enough to "amount" :)
Registered user since 1996