Skip to main content
Topic: Can't export from 2.1 to 1.75 (Read 7739 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't export from 2.1 to 1.75

First-time poster here, but long-time user of NoteWorthy. I sing in a quartet, and all the members have NoteWorthy installed on their computers so we can learn our parts.

Here's my problem: some time ago I upgraded to version 2.1. Since then, I can't share any of my files with them. I export the file to a 1.75 format using File - Export - Save as type NoteWorthy Composer 1.75 File, but they can't open the files. Is there anything else I (or they) need to do to make this work?

Re: Can't export from 2.1 to 1.75

Reply #1
It works for me OK.  I have both systems on my PC.  When I export a 2.1 file to version 1.75, I can open it OK using 1.75

Do you want to attach an exported file or email it to me and I will let you know if I can open it ?
Rich.

Reply #2
Thanks, Richard.

An email is on its way.

Reply #3
Received - and I can confirm the version 1.75 can open it and read/play it OK .  I had no problems.

I am using version 1.75c  - not that I think the c would make any difference.

What I will do is actually save it using 1.75 and then send it back to you - and you can see what happens at the other end.

Rich.

Reply #4
Thanks, Richard.

They're able to open it now. I wonder why they can't open any files I send them but you had no trouble. Perhaps I'll suggest they at least check for updates.

Again, thank you.

Reply #5
No problem,

If you have others to do, you are welcome to send them to me. I can't understand what happened here either. The file seemed perfectly ok to me (except that it was set up for a tenor and not a bass ! Ha Ha    Edit - on second thoughts - 1st bass rather than second bass - almost  as bad :)
)
Rich.

Reply #6
:)

Yeah, I had it set up for my part in this quartet, which is baritone in this barbershop arrangement. I sing bass in my chorus and another quartet, but baritone in this one. A former director tells me this makes me "bi-sectional".

Thanks for the offer of other file conversions. I may have to take you up on it.

Reply #7
In the upper right hand corner of these pages is a Search window.  You might want to enter barbershop to look at previous discussions.
Since 1998

Reply #8
Thanks, Warren -

Good to see other barbershoppers using this product as well. I've just read through most of the earlier discussions that mention our hobby, and there has certainly been some wonderful sharing of ideas. Had I known about this forum a few years ago, I might not have had to have stumbled through and figured much of it out on my own.

I've used NoteWorthy for my chorus and quartets and make part-specific midi files as well, and it's been a great help.

Reply #9
Thanks, Warren -

Good to see other barbershoppers using this product as well. I've just read through most of the earlier discussions that mention our hobby, and there has certainly been some wonderful sharing of ideas.

You're welcome.  About two years ago we were able to help out someone with note/accidental spacing, lyrics for a tag, staff labeling, and scoops all within one thread.
Since 1998