Skip to main content
Topic: Glissando revisited (Read 5183 times) previous topic - next topic

Glissando revisited

I am trying to study Fred Nachbaur's gliss.nwc file found in scriptorium.  The 1 & 2 staves are playing the same pitches but fade in and out, leapfrogging to keep the sound sustained.

My problem is changing the halves to quarters in Fred's example.  In the last half of my attachment the sound fades in and out, unlike the first half.

What am I missing?   Thanks in advance.
Since 1998

Re: Glissando revisited

Reply #1
Warren,
check the volume MPCs on the bottom staff - the time resolution for many are set to half instead of eighth, and the sweep resolution should probably be 6 instead of 3 for these MPCs too.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Warren,

The volume mpcs on the second staff should be set to eighths not halves. Also the pitches on the second staff should have 256 as a sweep resolution otherwise you get a wobble.

Rich.

Reply #3
Thank you, gentlemen for the ideas--the new attachment sounded fine.  Right now I am trying to half the duration of everything again.  Still warbles some, but I haven't finished going over all the new MPCs with a fine tooth comb.

If someone were to automate the process of changing the duration of MPCs at the same time notes, chords, rest-chords, and rests; what operands in what type MPCs should be addressed?
Since 1998

Reply #4
If someone were to automate the process of changing the duration of MPCs at the same time notes, chords, rest-chords, and rests; what operands in what type MPCs should be addressed?
Global_Mod can already do it...

E.G.
<Global_Mod dialogue box> MPC,Controller==pitch SweepRes=512
will change this:
|MPC|Controller:pitch|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Whole|SweepRes:256|Pt1:0,0|Pt2:1,16383|Pos:7|Visibility:Always
to this:
|MPC|Controller:pitch|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Whole|SweepRes:512|Pt1:0,0|Pt2:1,16383|Pos:7|Visibility:Always

<Global_Mod dialogue box> MPC,Controller==vol SweepRes=10
will change this:
|MPC|Controller:vol|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Quarter|SweepRes:3|Pt1:0,0|Pt2:1,127|Pos:-8|Visibility:Always
to this:
|MPC|Controller:vol|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Quarter|SweepRes:10|Pt1:0,0|Pt2:1,127|Pos:-8|Visibility:Always

Reply #5
Global_Mod can already do it...

E.G.
<Global_Mod dialogue box> MPC,Controller==pitch SweepRes=512
will change this:
|MPC|Controller:pitch|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Whole|SweepRes:256|Pt1:0,0|Pt2:1,16383|Pos:7|Visibility:Always
to this:
|MPC|Controller:pitch|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Whole|SweepRes:512|Pt1:0,0|Pt2:1,16383|Pos:7|Visibility:Always
What I was asking for is similar to selecting (part of) a score then pressing the + or - key to double or halve all objects with duration.  Such a script would also examine all MPCs to change time resolution, sweep resolution, and/or any other operands appropriate in that MPC.

I will have to check out Global_Mod though, haven't used it yet.  Appreciate the info.
Since 1998

Reply #6
G'day Warren,
Global_Mod is a particularly useful user tool - I am grateful that Andrew Purdam created it - it has been an essential part of my NWC tool kit since very early in the NWC2 beta test phase.