Skip to main content
Topic: Desirable features - list of? (Read 9532 times) previous topic - next topic

Desirable features - list of?

Is there a list somewhere, or a topic, where I could see what has already been thought about or proposed for future releases?  I have a few ideas for improvements that I would find useful - where can I put these on record (or see that they already are)?

Dave

Re: Desirable features - list of?

Reply #1
That would be the wish list. (Despite complaints by some on this forum that the wish list is ignored, Eric does pay attention to it. Check this page on the NWC Website.)

Reply #2
Oh, I see this is a form to submit wishes.

That's fine, but I was also interested in what had already been wished.  I have loads of ideas - it would take me a while to describe them all properly, when perhaps others had already done that.

Surely an open (albeit moderated) wishlist, and a voting/comments system, would be highly useful?

Should I suggest this, as my first wish?

Reply #3
NWC does pay attention to what is written in this public forum, but its policy since it started has been to not reveal the suggestions posted to the wish list.  I imagine it's more useful to Eric to see several similar wishes from different people than it is for him to see one wish in the forum with "me too" responses from others.

I have loads of ideas - it would take me a while to describe them all properly, when perhaps others had already done that.
You can submit them one at a time as they occur to you.  That's what many of us have been doing for 10 to 15 years.

Reply #4
Re:  Desirable features - list of?

Except that if one has submitted an item to the Wish List, and:

. . . not seen any action on it for years,

. . . not seen even a simple, courteous acknowledgement that anything was submitted,

and one is:

. . . scoring workarounds, wondering whether the next rev will render them obsolete,

then:

. . . one tends to be discouraged.

Not a rant, merely a sad shake of the head.

Joe

Reply #6
Those looking for product development insight might consider upgrading their community membership. This will enable access to the NWC 2.5 Beta and a wealth of discussion about it.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #7
Those looking for product development insight might consider //FORUM/?topic=5483.0]upgrading their community membership. This will enable access to the NWC 2.5 Beta and a wealth of discussion about it.

I'd love to do that, and have tried it, but haven't been able to get past the signup procedure.

I've been an NWC user since version 1.55, and still have the original diskettes.  Their original Authenticity Code (v.1.55) was three fields of 3, 3, and 6 digits.

The most recent physical CD in hand is the 1.75b of 2008.  That 1.75b CD Authenticity Code has two fields of 6 and 7 digits.

The 1.75b to 2.0 update was done online, without a CD.  I'm currently running 2.1.

To sign up for the 2.5 Beta forum, the sign-up procedure wants four fields of digits.  None of the original Authenticity Codes works.

What to do from here?

Joe