Skip to main content
Topic: Pentuplet web page utility (Read 12455 times) previous topic - next topic

Pentuplet web page utility

I have added Pentuplets.htm to my suite of NWC related web pages.  For the staff with the pentuplets, the page inserts a new tempo 25% faster while the pentuplets are playing and resets the original tempo after they are finished (both hidden).  For staves played concurrently with the pentuplets, on the played/hidden staff each note is tied to the appropriate note of the correct length (add two flags)--on the displayed/muted staff, hidden rests are inserted instead.  These last two use the same data, you can bring back what you originally cut into there to do the other option.

If you have a part with a whole rest, a temporary increase in the time signature may be necessary.  If you plan to audit barlines, this may be necessary on all staves.

For more information, check the Pentuplet user tip.

Feedback is welcome.
Since 1998

Re: Pentuplet web page utility

Reply #1
More of a "Pentuplet Assistant" than an "Adapter". It does take some of the drudgery out of the pentuplet kludge.

I would suggest moving the buttons up closer to the top of the page. As it is, a fair amount of scrolling is needed to use the page.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Good points and easy to implement.  I'll have a new version up shortly.

Thanks for looking at it.
Since 1998

Reply #3
I have modified it to do other groupings, but it may have limited value with groupings greater than 7 since it would have to generate 1/128 or shorter notes/rests for the other staves.  Should work on the tuplet staff to increase tempo and group the tuplets.

It is still Pentuplets.htm, I haven't renamed it.

Edit (11/30/11): Modified to not replicate accents on filler notes created on the played non-tuplet staff.  Also, grace notes are ignored.
Added option to create text message when unable to create a short note (1/128 or shorter).  You may have to untie the note before that text before fixing it "by hand".
Since 1998

Reply #4
Hello,

I am fairly new to both the program and music itself....I am trying to make pentulets and I found your Pentuplet web page utility. Now the most basic question would be (and I blush as I type)...how does one notate tempo?

Thanks
M

Reply #5
There is an icon that has a quarter note, an = sign and .. .  Click on it and you can choose the base note, how many beats per minute, and an optional text expression such as "Andante", "Largo", "Presto", etc.

I'm not sure if you didn't mean time signature instead.  Just press "g" (or go to the Insert menu) and pick "Time Signature".

That should get you started.  Welcome to the forums.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Thanks, But I think you misunderstood.

I meant to say on the page itself. I tried 3 4 (for 3 beats and quarters is one) 3/4 3,4 etc....

It kept saying time ssignature was wrong

Reply #7
On the Insert toolbar (Starts with a Treble and Bass clef) there are several common time signatures, just click on one.  To create a time signature by hand, first be sure the cursor is where the signature needs to be, then press g  3   (tab)  Enter  (for 3/4).  The "Beats per Measure" is the first part of that and "Value of Beat" is the second part--I think you were trying to cram everything into BPM.

You might want to go over the "User's Guide" a little more.  Their example of how to create "Jingle Bells" teaches quite a bit about what a new user needs to know.  Be sure you can get four sixteenth notes to the beat before you try for five.

Since 1998

Reply #8
I think there still is a misunderstandig. I didn't mean how can I put time signatures in Noteworthy composer (I know how to do that) but how do I have to write it down in the first box of the Pentuplets.htm (which says: time siganture)

Reply #9
It says Tempo Here: not time signature.  If you have quarter note = 76, the script will create a quarter = 95 for the duration of the tuplets then recreate quarter = 76.  Select the Tempo indication, copy to clip, and paste it into Tempo Here.

It will look something like this:
Code: [Select · Download]
|Tempo|Base:Quarter|Tempo:76|Text:"Andante religioso"|Pos:11|Wide:N|Justify:Left|Placement:AsStaffSignature|Color:0|Visibility:Default

Everything after the 76 is ignored.
Since 1998

Reply #10
Thank you.....Tried it out and it worked!