Skip to main content
Topic: Problems changing Key from A Major to C major (Read 5008 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems changing Key from A Major to C major

When I change key from A Major to C Major, the current line (from a printed perspective) changes to show the key change, but subsequent lines revert back to A Major.

How do you submit a bug to this site?

Daryl
Minnesota Mandolin Orchestra

Re: Problems changing Key from A Major to C major

Reply #1
Hi Daryl, welcome to the forum.

Well, I would imagine that such a large fault would have been well and truely spotted by now.
It would seem to me that possibly there is a something you are not doing correctly.

So you can either explain exactly what you are doing and what happens to make you think that there is a bug by response to this posting, or you can send an email directly to NoteWorthy support.  In the first instance, I would suggest that you post back here and explain exactly what is happening and someone will let you know if it it actually a bug or will let you know how to solve the problem.

Rich.

Reply #2
It may help to look at these:

Of particular interest:
Quote from: http://ntworthy.com/nwc2/help/MNU_ADDKEYSIGNATURE.htm
Key signatures are not automatically propagated to all of the staves in a score. Each staff must be assigned the appropriate key signature.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
I have a single staff; the first 15 measues are in Cmajor and then change to A Major (C,F,G#) then at measure 34 we go back to CMajor. For some reason, it does not change the key we are in for the rest of the score. I must be doing something wrong, but not sure what it is. I do have System breaks, as required for the piece before the Key changes.

What is the email address of the support, I don't find it on the home page.
I can send a copy of the score, if that would help.

Daryl

Reply #5
Hi Darryl, and welcome.

You say the piece starts off in C Major, modulates into A Maj and then back to C Maj.  Are you actually inserting the key sig. for C Major at the beginning, or, because it is the Open Key, leaving it blank?  It's a mistake I made (some 13/14 years ago IIRC) and went round in circles for a bit!