Skip to main content
Topic: Martellato accents. (Read 2762 times) previous topic - next topic

Martellato accents.

I have been a Noteworthy Composer user for many years but have been unable to enter martellato accents onto the music. I usually have to print off the music and enter them by hand.
Surely there must be a way within the Noteworthy program that would allow me to use such symbols. Please could any one offer any advice for a method to allow me to do this.
Thank you in anticipation.

Re: Martellato accents.

Reply #1
This has been added to NWC2.5 (currently in beta). The attached file can be viewed with the NWC Viewer 2.5 Preview 5.

IMO, placement needs improvement. I continue to use my own font for articulations.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Martellato accents.

Reply #2
Short of using the NWC2.5 beta, assuming you may not want to go that way, you might consider text entries for the ^ & v shaped part of the symbol.  I have several font suites that include a symbols font that contains suitably shaped characters for this purpose.  When used in conjunction with a staccato dot you can easily get the symbol.  The symbols font you would want for these symbols is *Dings*.ttf where the * is the naming of the typeface.

The font suites are designed as a total solution for typeface change from the NWC defaults.  See here for some further information in a recent discussion:
www.noteworthysoftware.com/forum/?topic=7715.msg53607#msg53607

Usage is fairly easy, specify the required font as a User font in Fonts tab of Page Setup, create a text entry centred on next note/bar and insert the required character using the User font.  It's harder to describe than it is to do.

To download the fonts:
See the Scriptorium:
www.nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#Fonts

or if you prefer an easy installer, the Noteworthy web site:
www.noteworthysoftware.com/uc/pardypack/

I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.