Skip to main content
Topic: iPad/iPhone (Read 19330 times) previous topic - next topic

iPad/iPhone

Any word on any possibly future app based on NW Viewer to play NWC files on iPad or iPhone? At the moment I convert them to mp3 files but would like to listen and follow the lyrics on the screen. And another related question - will Apple version ever materialize?

Alexander
recently converted PC-to-Mac user
RusskiBass

Re: iPad/iPhone

Reply #1
I'm looking forward for a version for iPad also... now if I need to read the NWC scores I would need to convert them to PDF and use Forscore to read. That will be a lot of work to convert hundreds of NWC files. Also PDF files are not so customizable (e.g. showing only certain staff) and much larger in sizes. Not to mention that the music can't be played. I'm desperately hoping that something will come out soon.

Reply #2
Since I'm using NWC on Virtual Machine run by Parallels I cannot even convert files into pdf files, so the only way left for me currently is to produce mp3 files and listen while looking into the printed music
RusskiBass

Reply #3
Don't hold your breath. There are no plans I am aware of to adapt NWC to anything in the Apple world. It has historically been a Windows-only program and is likely to remain so.

Reply #4
I'd also like an iPhone/iPad NWC player.

I'd pay serious money to get one. Maybe upto $100.00

Reply #5
I posted the above a year ago. Any news?

Roger

Reply #6
Is any news for iPad version?

Reply #7
        Hi, hopeful NWC users.

I doubt there's any chance of a iPad or android version of Noteworthy Composer, but worry not, for help is at hand.

There is an excellent iPad/iPhone Midi File reader/player available from the Apple store - at http :slash slash itunes . apple dot com slash gb slash app slash learn-my-part slash id517515605?ls=1&mt=8.  It's called "Learn My Part", and is designed to allow MIDI files to be played in a way that is most helpful for Choral Singers to learn their parts.   Each part is represented with a mixer-style volume control and three preset buttons - Isolate, Highlight and Challenge - to change relative track/channel volumes (Isolate mutes all the other parts, Highlight sets the other parts to play softly and the selected part loudly, and Challenge mutes the selected part), though you can manually set the volume levels however you like.   It also allows the tempo of playback to be adjusted, and a marked section of the file to be "looped" (which can be useful for going over a small section you are trying to learn).  More details, and a demo video and a link to the application in the Apple App Store, can all be accessed via the link above.

I refer to it in the Midi Players page of my own website, http :slash slash www dot learnchoralmusic dot co dot uk.

So, all you need to do is convert your NWC Files to Midi versions, and then you can play them on the iPhone/iPad using this Player.

Good luck.

MusicJohn, 14/Aug/13