Skip to main content
Topic: Plural staffs playing simultaneously rather than sequentially (Read 2926 times) previous topic - next topic

Plural staffs playing simultaneously rather than sequentially

I recently acquired Noteworthy Composer 2.1 and haven't found the solution to this problem in the manual. 

I entered 3 staffs of a melody that I intended to play sequentially.  However, all three staffs play simultaneously.  They appear joined on the score, but I can't find a way to unjoin them or otherwise get them to play sequentially. 

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Dave

Re: Plural staffs playing simultaneously rather than sequentially

Reply #1
Select the second staff and copy the notes.  Go to the end of the first and paste them.  Then do the same with the third staff.  Then delete the 2nd and 3rd staves using Ctrl-D.

Reply #2
NWC is not a true WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get") program. It creates one continuous long staff for each part. By adding extra staves, you've added extra (simultaneously sounding) parts to the score instead of continuing the staff you were working on. Think of the screen as a window onto music paper that is infinitely wide. Scrolling sideways will move the window so you can see other parts of the score.

The program cuts the score into music-paper staff lengths before printing it. If you want to see how it's going to look when that happens, use <print preview>.

HTH -

Bill

Reply #3
Bill and Phil--

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

Your suggestions have taken care of my problem. 

Best regards.

Dave