Skip to main content
Topic: Opening NWC files thru Windows 7 start button (Read 3026 times) previous topic - next topic

Opening NWC files thru Windows 7 start button

Using Windows 7 Home Premium, when i click on the circle with the four color flag on in in the lower left corner (on the toolbar), I am shown a number of programs including NWC2.  When I mouseover it, a list of recently opened files appear on the right.  Twice in the last month or so, clicking on a recent file gives me a message about files associations being lost and I can only open the file thru the viewer.

I have fixed this by going into the file manager, picking a NWC file and choosing open with.  The viewer was highlighted but NWC2 was an option--I chose it and made sure the default "from now on" box was checked.

A while back I changed the default over to the viewer to check out Rick G's clipboard to NWC script and knew I would have to set it back, but having to do this without any further experiments surprises me.

BTW, if I open NWC on it's own and select a file from within the program it works fine.
Since 1998

Re: Opening NWC files thru Windows 7 start button

Reply #1
If you manage to mess things up while experimenting, I recommend uninstalling the Viewer via the Control Panel and reinstalling it.
I can't speak to Windows 7, but this generally fixes file association woes.
Registered user since 1996