Skip to main content
Topic: help-stopping score playing WHILE i'm typing (Read 2196 times) previous topic - next topic

help-stopping score playing WHILE i'm typing

I've got stuck as my beloved older NWC version (1.55) has finally stopped working with Vista. The one only thing that's stopping me updating to latest NWC 2.0 is that i CANNOT STOP the NOTES BEEING PLAYED AS I'M WRITING the SCORE when using trial version of NWC2.0.
I have tried all the 'mute staff' tools i could find, looked at forum's tips & help files etc. Am i really the only one having this problem?.
The beauty of NWC was how quick i could write music. Having to go into volume manager to turn on/off all the time wastes time; i didn't have to do that with my dinosaur version (which was doing all i needed, it's just not compatible with lates MS).

Can anyone direct me to solution on NWC 2.0 (or i will have to dig out 2000 computer & stick with original NWC).
I want to definitively stop score from playing while i'm drafting it but play it when i choose to.
Cheers.

Re: help-stopping score playing WHILE i'm typing

Reply #1
Tools->Options...->Midi->'Play notes on entry'
should be unchecked.

Quote from: http://ntworthy.com/nwc2/help/TAB_OPTIONSMIDI.htm
Play notes on entry
This controls whether new notes are played as they are entered from the computer keyboard.
Registered user since 1996

Re: help-stopping score playing WHILE i'm typing

Reply #2
Thanks SO much - this tip wasn't in the Help menu or i couldn't find it.
I'm glad it was just a default setting (i had not chance of finding it as i don't use midi, i just type simple music sheets).

OK, now i'm ready to face new fancier NWC. The change from 1.55 to 2.1 should be fun...

CHEERS.