Skip to main content
Topic: Fermata Centered over Rest at Beginning of Line (Read 2806 times) previous topic - next topic

Fermata Centered over Rest at Beginning of Line

It seems to me that there is a problem with Fermata placement when it happens over a whole rest at the first measure of a staff (whether the first staff of the piece or after a staff wraps).

Simply create a new NoteWorthy document.  Add a treble clef and a whole rest to the first measure.  Add a Fermata to the whole rest (and make sure that the properties are Place at next note/bar, and Centered).  Everything looks correct when looking at it on the screen, but in print preview, and when printed, the Fermata will NOT be aligned above the rest.  This works ok EXCEPT when it happens in the first measure of a line.

This may be a bug?

Re: Fermata Centered over Rest at Beginning of Line

Reply #1
I tried working around the problem by creating the Fermata as a text item (from the NoteWorthy font).  The problem is the same when inserting a text item.  However, you can then fool around with adding spaces and changing the justification.  In my fiddling, I still can't get it to center over the rest exactly, but I can get it a bit closer.  I definitely think this is a bug of some sort.

Re: Fermata Centered over Rest at Beginning of Line

Reply #2
Agreed. It is a bug. Easiest fix is to place a hidden bar line before the whole meaure rest.
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Bar|Visibility:Never
|TempoVariance|Style:Fermata|Pause:0|Pos:9|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Bar|SysBreak:Y
|Bar|Visibility:Never
|TempoVariance|Style:Fermata|Pause:0|Pos:9|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Bar|SysBreak:Y
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996