Skip to main content
Topic: Splitting two voices in one staff (Read 3940 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting two voices in one staff

Hey there. I have a transcription that I'd like to give out some trombonists. One of the trombone staffs had two parts, so I thought I could simply create a new staff below the one with two parts and uncheck 'Allow Layering' to get Noteworthy to split up the voices into separate staffs for me, but that basically did nothing. Any ideas?

--Dany.

Re: Splitting two voices in one staff

Reply #1
That wasn't a layered part but a chord.  First create a new staff then copy the original staff to the new one.  Enter Alt/F8 and select the "Parts" user tool on each staff.  On one part delete the bottom note, on the other one kill the top note.  Remove the word "nosingle" when prompted on both.

HTH.  Welcome to the NWC forum!
Since 1998

Reply #2
Hey -- thanks for the speedy reply.

I did as you said up to selecting the Parts user tool -- when the user tool window opens up I just get a blank list with no tools in it whatsoever. Should this script be included with NWC 2.1 by default?

--Dany.

Reply #3
Nevermind, I found the starter kit :) Thanks nonetheless.

Reply #4
Should this script be included with NWC 2.1 by default?
Is not. Download it from here: http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/usertools/

Before splitting, Force Accidentals on each staff and Audit Accidentals after splitting.
Otherwise, if you have something like this:
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Clef|Type:Bass
|Key|Signature:F#,C#,G#
|TimeSig|Signature:3/4
|Chord|Dur:Half,Dotted,Slur|Pos:4^,8
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:4,n6
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:6,8
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
The final note on the "lower" staff will lose its natural sign.
Registered user since 1996