Skip to main content
Topic: Unsteady tempo (Read 3976 times) previous topic - next topic

Unsteady tempo

Hi All,

I have both v. 1.75 and 2.1 installed on my computer.  1.75 plays perfectly; however, 2.1 plays the same piece with an uneven tempo.

Any ideas?

Re: Unsteady tempo

Reply #1
Is this an old system? What are the specs? Are you using the same MIDI play back device(s) on both versions? You can check this from Tools, Options, Midi.

Reply #3
Yes both programs are using the same MIDI play back device (Microsoft MIDI Mapper).  Does 2.1 have known issues with this play back?  I tried my other available play device (MS GS Wavetable SW Synth) but got the same result.  I don't think it is a performance issue (3 GHz processor and 3.25 GB RAM)

Reply #4
If this happens on only a few songs, you should look at those songs.

You might compare playback in sample songs. 'Caverns.nwc' drives the synth quite a bit. If it doesn't stutter then I would suspect some silly things going on in the songs that do.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
Which operating system are you using (XP, Vista, Win7 etc?) and 32 or 64 bit version?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #7
Hi fredddly

Certainly, other people have not experienced (ie not reported) the tempo issues you report so ...

I suggest that either you upgrade your forum access to NWC2User so that you can attach the file and one of us that has both versions can look for you and see if we get the same problem.

or

You can email the file to one of us and we will have a look to see if the same thing happens. I am quite happy to have a look if you like - you can find my email address if you double click the name and look at the profile.

It would also help if you let us know what the difference is that you are experiencing.  Is the tempo reported differently in the status bar ?

Rich.