Skip to main content
Topic: problem with converting midi file (Read 4260 times) previous topic - next topic

problem with converting midi file

hi to all. before sorry for my English.. i`ll try to explain))) i have a problem with converting midi file. i need that staff converting in bass clef... when im convert its always treble clef. In my midi files usually 4 channels ... One of them i need in  bass clef.... oh... i hope you understand what i mean

Re: problem with converting midi file

Reply #1
These may help:
Problem with Import - Converts Bass Clef to Treble
Transpose notes when changing treble to bass clef
For why this happens, I suggest:
the wizard is fairly primitive at the moment about picking the clef. It simply looks at the highest note found on the staff. If it is above a certain note, a treble clef is chosen. If below, then bass clef is used. It is, however, pretty easy to change after the fact (relative to the work required to actually enter the notes manually, or alter the MIDI file in some way). Note that the MID file includes performance info, rather than visual data, so no clef indication is actually included in the MIDI spec.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Rick,

I'm intrigued !   Do you actually remember these posts from the past and then look for them. Or do you search anyway, and respond according to what comes up in the search ?

Either way, you always seem to come up with the (relevant) goods.

R.
Rich.

Reply #3
A bit of each. I start with a vague memory of something and rack my brain for who wrote it or some obscure wording in it that can limit my search to less than 2 pages of results. Then I look through the results and copy references to the best. Often, I find something that I didn't remember or had never seen.

It is a quirky search engine. For this one, I tried "midi clef". Too many pages. "midi import clef" got it down to a page and a half. "clef" appears in a gazillion posts (most clip examples). "import" matches "important" which seems to be the adjective of choice for a lot of problems. But the intersection was manageable :)

Reply #4
It is a quirky search engine.

I agree - it seems to be. I can rarely find what I want even when I know it's there !
Are you using the search box on the right or the blue search tab on the left ?
(Or isn't there a difference ? )

Rich.

Reply #5
So I'm not the only one!

Since my memory is what it is, I must rely in the search engine but often I fail.

Reply #7
Now I am miffed !

Do you know what - I never saw the search engine behind that before. I thought it was just indicating that the box was a search engine.
But it is the same as the advanced search behind the blue tab  (I think)
Thanks
Rich.

Reply #8
Missed this one: FAQ: Changing the clef

Reply #9
oh... thanks for the help Rick! ive done it))) for me it were a big problem.. but just now i decided to ask someone for help..