Skip to main content
Topic: Upgraded to 2.1 and missing important feature "allow layering" (Read 2390 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgraded to 2.1 and missing important feature "allow layering"

Hallo All,

Since I upgraded to 2.1 I am a bit disappointed.
I'm afraid I'll be obliged to downgrade again to version 2.0.
In version 2.0 I was able to choose "alow layering".
That option made it possible to me to make e. g. a 4 part polyphonic score and afterwards a print for organ or harpsichord.
By choosing: upper staff "stem up", 2nd one "stem down", 3d part "stem up" and 4th staff "stem down" it was possible to make a keyboard score.
But yet that option seems to have been disappeared; I only see an print preview with 4 staffs instead of 2 ones.
Is it true, that I must downgrade, or does anayone have a solution for my problem?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Mazzltov.

Re: Upgraded to 2.1 and missing important feature "allow layering"

Reply #1
You might want to check: Page Setup Command:
Allow Layering
  • This enables layering of parts within the file. If this is turned off, then no layering will be done for this file, and the other layering options will be unavailable.

Also see the new Layering Tool.

There is also an option for 'Layering in Edit Mode' but it does not affect Print Preview.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Upgraded to 2.1 and missing important feature "allow layering"

Reply #2
"Allow Layering" has been moved, not eliminated. It's now a checkbox on the Contents tab of the Page Setup dialog box. There is also a Viewer Mode in which layering is always turned on; and, as Rick indicated, a "Layering in Edit Mode" command on the View menu. The "Layering in Edit Mode" command replaces the old View menu's "Allow Layering" command, but it only works in Edit Mode, and then only if the checkbox in the Page Setup dialog box has been checked.

HTH -

Bill