Skip to main content
Topic: NWC guitar tab? (Read 5898 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC guitar tab?

how can i add guitar tab in addition to the staff?

Re: NWC guitar tab?

Reply #3
A guy comes in to the forum wanting to know if anyone knows how to add a guitar tab staff to NWC and you paste a link to a search box, as if they guy is so stupid he doesnt know how to search. So you are basically calling the guy stupid. Nice.

Here is the answer to your question:

If you want to add a tab staff just click on Staff, then click on New Staff.  A new staff will appear. Then click Saff , Staff Properties (make sure you have the new staff highligted), a box pops up , then click on Visual, then select 6 lines where it says Staff Lines. Then click ok.   Now you have a tab staff. You can do the same for 4 string bass guitar. Sweet!   Then just print out your composition and write the guitar arrangement on the tab staff with note names or fret numbers. The rhythm isnt pefectly proporotional but close enough and you can use blanktext expressions to control note spacing, i just learned. :) cheers

Reply #4
A guy comes in to the forum wanting to know if anyone knows how to add a guitar tab staff to NWC and you paste a link to a search box, as if they guy is so stupid he doesnt know how to search. So you are basically calling the guy stupid. Nice.
Not my intent. Searching for "tab" or even "guitar tab" casts a fairly wide net. "Tablature" narrows this. The first few links give pretty good answers to "how to add a guitar tab staff to NWC."

There was also the off chance that "guitar tab" was really intended to mean "chord symbols" or "fret diagrams".
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
As far as I am aware, Rick G has been very helpful to many people seeking answers to problems.
I do not think that sarcastic comments are appropriate to this forum

Tony (aged 87)

Reply #6
Rick is often brusque but never mean-spirited. I've had a few issues with his tone over the years, but never with his advice, which is always excellent.

Reply #7
All I figure is that Rick never sleeps.  His little green light is on almost any time I visit the forum, he certainly knows this program cold, and puts a lot of time and effort into figuring out what works and what doesn't.  I don't know how he finds the time.

If sometimes he's a little abrupt, well, I've been guilty of that myself.  Keep up the good work, Rick!