Skip to main content
Topic: How to use "special endings" ? (Read 4455 times) previous topic - next topic

How to use "special endings" ?

Hello
Is there anybody who knows ?

What I want :
<Image Link>

What I write (I use a local repeat open and a local repat close whit repeat count = 3 and "special ending") :
<Image Link>

What I hear :
<Image Link>

How to use "special endings"  in this case ?

Thanks
Vem Vem sentir o calor
Dos lábios meus ã procura dos teus
Vem matar esta paixão que me devora o coração
E só assim então, serei feliz, bem felix

Re: How to use "special endings" ?

Reply #1
I'm in a hurry so no guarantee: simply remove the double bar with repeat count and replace it wit a section close.
The three repetitions are already requested by the numbers.

Reply #2
If you use Master Repeat Open and Master Repeat Close for the repeat bar lines, this should give you what you want.

Reply #3
I'm in a hurry so no guarantee: simply remove the double bar with repeat count and replace it wit a section close.
The three repetitions are already requested by the numbers.

If you use Master Repeat Open and Master Repeat Close for the repeat bar lines, this should give you what you want.

Thank you very much! 3 monthes of infructuous research... and the answer just 2 clics away!

Muito obrigado de Lisboa em Portugal!!!
Vem Vem sentir o calor

Reply #4
Quando falta ajuda com NWC este é o lugar justo ;-)
Bem-vindo na comunidade.

Maurizio

Reply #5
Quando falta ajuda com NWC este é o lugar justo ;-)
Bem-vindo na comunidade.

Maurizio

Muito obrigado, Maurizio, parece efectivamente haver um bom espirito de interajuda neste site.
M.
Vem Vem sentir o calor

Reply #6
Hey - I was trying to do exactly the same thing.   I'm not sure the suggestion to use master repeats worked -- it didn't for me unless I'm doing something wrong.

With the local repeats, it allows you to set the number of repeats, but it ignores the different endings 1 and 2.   The master repeats does the endings correctly, but it only repeated once.

I could not see anywhere to set the number of repeats when using the master repeats.  If there is somewhere to set the number of repeats when using master , let me know - it will solve the problem.

In the meantime I did work out a solution - -I used both. Here's what I did.

master open,   local open , notes through the 1st ending, local close (3 times), master close, 2nd ending.   When I did this it played through the 1st ending correctly the first 3 times (as specified by the local repeats) and then the next time it skipped over the 1st ending and went to the 2nd ending (master repeats) as  I wanted. 

However there must be a better way.

Reply #7
G'day emnov,
welcome to the forum.  The "local repeat" is a purely NWC feature.  The "correct" method is to use Master Repeats and special endings.

To change the number of repeats, simply select (highlight) the Special Ending object, press <Alt+Enter> to get its properties and select which repeats that special ending is to be active for...

See attached for some rough examples.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #8
G'day emnov,
welcome to the forum.  The "local repeat" is a purely NWC feature.  The "correct" method is to use Master Repeats and special endings.

To change the number of repeats, simply select (highlight) the Special Ending object, press <Alt+Enter> to get its properties and select which repeats that special ending is to be active for...

See attached for some rough examples.

Excellent exemples !
Muito obrigado, Lawrie (e emnov e Flurmy e PhilHolmes)
Vem Vem sentir o calor