Skip to main content
Topic: Retrieving old files? (Read 4817 times) previous topic - next topic

Retrieving old files?

When we have used the trial version I made several pages of song notes.  Now the trial time is over, and these files can no longer open.  This is very bad, because I have hours of work already done! 

If I pay for the full version, will I be able to re-open those files? Or are they lost forever? 

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, can you tell me who to write to?

Thanks!

Kripsa

Re: Retrieving old files?

Reply #1
As I understand it, the licensed version will open all files including those made by the evaluation program.

However, the proprietors of NoteWorthy Composer visit this forum all the time and so if you wait, I expect you will get a definitive answer from NoteWorthy themselves.

Or you could drop an email to NoteWorthy at    support@noteworthysoftware.com

Rich.

Reply #2
I edited Richard's post to indicate the e-mail support account.

If the file(s) are simply failing due to limitations of the evaluation program, then they should open fine in the full version.

Reply #3
Thank you guys, it worked!

Now i have another question, how may i add the chords above the notes? I have tried to find that function but never found.

Kripsa

Reply #5
To add a little bit to Sesirine's answer: Be sure the cursor is to the right of the note/chord you are adding to, which is where it would be if you just put in the first note of the chord.  Ctrl + Backspace to take a note out of chord.  To change something in a chord, take a note out to change an attribute(s) then reinsert it.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Maybe Kripsa simply wants to write the chords names above the notes.
If this is the case then the answer is that there is no specific command.
You can enter them as text or as lyrics as you prefer. (I prefer by far the former.)
For more details: https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=6419.0

Sorry if this is not what was requested.

Reply #7
G'day Kripsa,
to try to simplify things (Flurmy's link is to a rather specific methodology, which grew into a discussion resulting in some new fonts):

Chord symbols are entered as text:

1) Position the cursor where you want the text to be entered.
2) Press <x> to start the text entry dialogue
3) type in the characters required E.G. Bb, A#m, C7 etc..
4) select the "Expression Placement" tab to adjust alignment - I usually use Centred at next note/bar.
5) back to the "Text Expression" tab to select the required font - I usually use one of my special purpose fonts
6) press <Enter>

I have a rather extensive howto for lead sheets linked to in the "Tips and Tricks" section:
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=7065.0
that contains more detailed instructions of the above as well as a much more complex approach to setting up lead sheets.  You quite possibly won't need the whole thing.

If you received NWC2 on CD there is an installer for my font suite.  The *Chord fonts (SwingChord, MusikChordSans etc.) are purpose built for creating chord symbols.  There are also additions available for the Germanic character set (includes H) and a Do-Si set available via the Scripto:
http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#Fonts
NB the original suites are also availabe here if you didn't get NWC2 on CD.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.