Skip to main content
Topic: Exporting files (Read 2532 times) previous topic - next topic

Exporting files

I use NoteWorthy Composer version 2 to write music.  I then export it into Midi format before I convert it into MP3 format for my Walkman.  I then play the music over a sound system from my Walkman.  What comes out of the sound system is a poorer quality than what comes out of my computer when playing the “NWC” file.  I used to think that this was because of: 1- the conversion from Midi to MP3 and 2- the sound system. 
I have recently discovered that the Midi file created by my NoteWorthy program when I export, produces a lesser quality sound  than the NWC file it comes from.
Is there a way to improve the quality of the Midi file created by the NWC program?

Re: Exporting files

Reply #1
The sound generated by the MIDI is a result of the synth the MIDI player is using.  Make sure the MIDI player is using the same synth that NWC is using and the sound should be identical.

Alternatively, you could record the output of NWC and convert that to mp3 using something like audacity.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: Exporting files

Reply #2
If you add delay to either of the Tempo Variance Commands: Fermata or Breath Mark, the delays are not exported to MIDI. If you want these effects in MIDI, you must insert extra beats or fiddle with the tempo to produce the effect of the delay.

Other than that, the MIDI file produced by NoteWorthy is the same as playback within NoteWorthy, provided that the program you are using to play the MIDI file uses the same Devices used by play back as NoteWorthy does. If you configure NoteWorthy to use only the 'Microsoft MIDI Mapper', playback with Windows Media Player should sound the same.

Some programs, such as QuickTime, use their own internal synth and will not sound like NoteWorthy's playback.

See: Convert MIDI into WAV? for endless discussion of these issues.
Registered user since 1996